I am happy to talk with you anytime!
I am originally from North Platte, NE, but have lived in many places including San Francisco, New Mexico, and Memphis, TN, but ultimately this Husker girl returned to her home state and I love living in Omaha! I am married with 2 adorable "fur babies" who I love to walk and cuddle with outside of school. I started at Indian Hill Elementary in 2016 and I feel so lucky to be a part of this school and the community.
I believe teachers should:
· Build meaningful relationships with students.
· Embrace students being active creators or knowledge, problem solving, and cooperative learning.
· Continue their own education to stay abreast of the most current methods to fully engage students.
· Strive to develop students into valuable social beings.
· Teach students social skills to compromise and discover healthy resolution to conflicts.
· Create a classroom for each student to be heard, to feel safe, to build self-confidence, and to become a lifelong learner.
· Fight for the rights of their students.
· Assure fairness.
· Meet the needs of diverse learners.
· Believe that all students are capable of meeting high expectations.
· Establish a classroom community so that students can interact with one another in an open, nonthreatening environment, creating mutual support and promoting self-esteem.
Above all I believe learning should be FUN! I strive to create a classroom community that is bright, happy and full of life!
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." -Aristotle
I received my Bachelor of Science in Education from The University of Nebraska at Omaha and then continued my education through Doane University where I earned the degree of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction.